Quote:

I have a 1969 440 six pack Super Bee that has a new 523 stroker in it with factory exhaust manifolds. I built the car to somewhat F.A.S.T. standards as I like my cars to maintain a pretty much stock appearance. I have not yet had it to the track but it certainly "feels" like it will run high to mid 11s. The factory HP manifolds are not going to be a limiting factor for those kind of times.

That sounds like what I am interested in. Pretty much stock apearing but significant power upgrade. What heads, intake, compression and carb are you running?

The cam is a roller with 112 degree lobe seperation. Intake .022 valve lash hot .630 valve lift 284 duration Exhaust .024 .608 288, and after indexing the lift is 420/244 I and 405/252 E. The stock heads were ported and flowed. Of course it is balanced and blueprinted. For some reason the compression is not shown on the blueprint sheet, but it will run on punp premium. I have the stock original six pack intake and carbs with all of the Promax add ons. With all of the parts and labor I have around $11K in it including R&R.

Some of the winning F.A.S.T. guys are running up to 14:1 compression. We do not have F.A.S.T. racing here in the southwest and even if they did I would not go to those extremes. I want something that is still streetable for a 2 hour drive or more. My car is borderline as it has some around town surging due to the cam.