Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's a 500" 440source'd 440 with 513/533 voodoo cam and edelbrock heads. Somewhere around 9.2-9.3 comp ratio. Still need to pick a carb(if I don't go EFI) and probably new 3.55 gears. Hoping for 12s and probably have less in it than say a new 6.1 kit. Those new hemi's are nice but pricey. Plus a bit of a job to install, plus sourcing the right new parts.

I have thought about building another motor for my charger on and off for years because I cant bring myself to beat on my original one and I'd just like to try something different.

I am thinking something like what you described, a 500 stroker with eddelbrock heads. Here is a question. I know nothing about modified motors. I'd just like something that really goes but runs and sounds very stock. I'd definitely want to keep the original HP manifolds on it and the original intake manifold. I could live with a different carb as long as the original dual snorkel air cleaner fit. So, is it pointless to build a motor like this if you want to keep the manifolds on it, will they pretty much choke off any major power gains? The original motor in the car is a 70 440 4bbl. If you assume that the original motor had say 300 HP net how much could a mild cammed eddelbrock head 500 stroker make, assuming it had to run well on 91 octane?

Well the stock intake and exhaust manifolds would definitely choke the thing for air, especially in a stroker.

Don't tell that to a few guys racing FAST ...