talking about power, gears, and streetability...my stroker made 505 on the dyno...add on all the accesories, full exhaust, drivetrain, engine compartment...I'm probably at around 380-390 to the wheels.

with a 28.5" tire, 3.21 gears and the TKO-600 w/.64OD 5th gear, I cannot use 5th gear until I'm going 70 or better, otherwise it surges and lugs as I'm cruising. 70mph in my set up is only around 2100-2200 rpm, and I definitly have too much gear. when I wound it out through the top of 4th gear, my speedo was maxed out at over 120. it got there pretty quick, but I definitly don't need to be going that fast especially in 4th gear with all of 5th left.

Something else to consider with a "long stroke, high torque motor" is that with a high gear set up, and a manual shift car, you're going to have to slip the heck out of the clutch to get going. City driving can sometimes be painful because of how much I have to slip the clutch when pulling away from a stop.

I just ordered up a set of 4.56s to help me with that problem though, hopefully now I can roll around at 1100 rpm or so in 1st gear, and actually be at a safe, slow, parking lot speed!

**Photobucket sucks**