Quote:

I was gonna say the truck intake gasket with the crossover blocked will cause it to be cold natured, and will require a good warm-up in the winter, but you're in Florida so it may not be too bad. Also, be sure to lose the blue pump and get the Carter street pump. FWIW, anytime I've had your problem it always ended up being the radiator wasn't flowing well or a blown head gasket.

UPDATE - when i installed a valley pan with the crossovers blocked i decided to pull the heads and check the head gaskets. while i was in there i noticed the exhaust valves were slightly recessed in the seats.

i guess the 906's did not have hardened seats... dammit.

i had a pair of 452 heads rebuilt with new springs, keepers, valves - the works.

i also had the radiator flow tested and it showed a 20% blockage (how does one measure that?).

i have it all back together now and it does not appear to exhibit any of the carb boiling with no tendency to bog after it has sat in a parking lot.

it is actually not that bad in terms of cold nature starts (i am running an electric choke).

in spite of a tendency to run hot on the interstate i plan on doing the first three power tour stops. hopefully i'll be able to see some of you on the road.

thanks MOPARTS

Ben

1963-1967 Dodge Custom Sports Special and High Performance Package REGISTRY