Hello Moparts,

i have been chasing down some different problems on my 1964 Dodge D100 and this site has been great in helping sort them out.

the one i am addressing today is the 440 that is powering the truck has had an issue when i have been driving the truck for any length of time when it is fully warmed up and i stop at a parts store or whatever, go in and get what i need and then return on my way. the truck will start fine but when i give it anything more than 1/3 throttle it bogs like it is starving for fuel.

it seems like the carb is soaking up heat from the intake crossover. i have tried a couple of heat insulator gaskets and even changed out the carb, coil, distributor but i keep coming back to heat soak.

specs are Edelbrock 800 AVS with electronic choke on a basically stock 1969 440 with the following mods - Mopar Peformance dual plane aluminum intake, CompCams dual energy cam and a pertronix in a dual point distributor with a flame thrower coil. i am also using a (reall loud) Holley Blue fuel pump and match pressure regulator set at 6 PSI.

i have switched out the pertronix with a tried and true Mopar Electronic ignition with no change in the heat soak/bog.

i have gone up and down with fuel pump pressure with no change.

my question is:
if i buy a valley pan that blocks off the intake cross-over-heat riser would i expect any negative effects from doing so?

thank you in advance for any advice.

Ben

1963-1967 Dodge Custom Sports Special and High Performance Package REGISTRY