Quote:

I tried tuning out the off idle stumble with the metering rods and springs, ect...my jetting was spot on, but it just had this tiny little stumble that would not go away with my taller tires on it was noticeable (28" tall and 3.23 gear) with stock magnums the stumble was gone...
anyways back on topic, your fuel line routing sounds stock...that's should be ok....do you have the exhaust heat ports blocked in the manifold? that can cause it to run a little hotter...but honestly i was almost ready to accept the problem until i saw the 1" spacer kinda like this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-8711/
but with the removable center...that really did it for me, absolutely no problem at all no matter how hot it is outside....
i would try the spacer first, it's really easy to install and since you have a truck it should not give you hood clearance issues like i had; i had to use a drop base to clear the hood...also my heat crossover ports are blocked....almost considered a must with after market intake i would think?

Quote:

This is what I personally would do, block off the heat crossover and run a short four hole spacer to help throttle response. I look at it this way, an aluminum intake is supposed to help keep the fuel and air mixture cool, why heat it up with a crossover?

aside from the valley pan with the heat riser blocked off what is the best way to block it? weld up the manifold?

i would hate to make a "permanent" change like that and chance warping the intake.

i'll probably try the spacer - i have plenty of vertical room but i do have one small interference issue with the cowl mounted hood centering pin.

it sits just above the air cleaner:

thanks for the advice!

Ben

1963-1967 Dodge Custom Sports Special and High Performance Package REGISTRY