Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I winch mine in, I'm to old to try to slide out over the bars and through the small opening of the door. Mine goes in straight with the winch pulling from the center of the car, the remote goes to the end of the dropped door, just line it up and push the button.

My winch is mounted under the front cabinet, centered in the trailer left to right, I attach the winch line to the rear end housing on the drivers side and pull it in from the rear door with the long power lead Dusters are not as wide as it B and E body cousins

Glad I have a little car... I hug the right side
(about 2" off the inner fender) and drive in... it
leaves me plenty of room to get out... I use to
winch my car in backward on my old trailer to get
the weight right in the trailer.... pain in the butt

The problem with the winch mounted in the cabinet or centered in the trailer is that you trip over it al the time, mine is located on the side just in front of the car with a pulley going to the center. No trips . Also I never loosen the front strap tie downs. When loading, bring the car about 6" ahead of final position ,hook both front straps, release the cable to slack,the car will roll backwards,hook up and tighten both rear straps.To unload reverse the order.I do not use the winch for a extra tie down.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead