Quote:

this is a great post at just the right time. I'm going to pick up our new 28 footer saturday and I wasn't sure how to get the car in. My butt isn't fitting out the driver side of the cuda with the roll bar in the way but.... I think the climbing out the passenger side just might work.... if not. winch it is!

A couple of things I've learned over the years;

1) go to the Walmart and buy 3 or 4 swimming pool "noodles", cut a slit in them long ways with a razor blade and use them on the door cables. It protects your paint and keeps someone from getting cut by taking a "shortcut". I use lime green ones on mine and can spot my trailer easy, from a long way away.
2)NEVER, EVER try to load your car with a winch with the tounge down. You will be surprised how fast the car will come at you when it crest the dove tail.DAMHIK
3) When loading the car with a winch, ALWAYS have the side door open. This gives you an escape route if something goes wrong, i.e., see above.
4)I keep various thickness' of scrap wood about 12"-18" long (1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 2"X4") to level the door or flap. If not, the weight of the car will twist it up if not level (side to side)
5)I also block up the rear corners of the trailer when dropped, to take the "bounce "out of it. The crew chief really likes this one.
6) Get some wheel chocks and keep them in the trailer to use when you have to drop it on an unlevel spot.

I'm sure there are others that can add to this.

Brian Dunnigan