I have OEM manual discs and 10" drums with original proportioning valve on my Dart Sport. I installed a Cardone reman. 1821 m/c on it with an adapter and it's worked well. It's listed for a manual disc/drum Aspen/Volare application. (Forgot what years.) The Cardone 1822 # is for power brake applications but I don't know how that would affect it's performance with manual brakes.
Haven't tried using it without a proportiong valve yet. Also heard some talk about swapping the lines to direct more pressure to the rear because of the bigger tires. But haven't tried it or heard any conclusive evidence it would help.

I also have a Cardone 1860 which is for a manual brake truck application that I'm considering trying when I install aftermarket brakes up front. The bigger the piston area of the brakes, the bigger the m/c bore should be. But each combo as well as personal preference for brake "feel" will influence the final choice.

The FWD master cylinders should not be used in a drag racing/RWD application. They are proportioned differently.

A while back at a junk yard, I collected a few extra resevoirs from full size trucks & vans. The extra capacity doesn't hurt and will just require trimming some of the tabs underneath to make them fit a passenger car m/c.

Last edited by Locomotion; 02/14/11 08:57 PM.