Quote:

When it comes to "seriously" competitive drag radial cars in heads up style racing, don't think there are any around.. The leaf spring really hurts them, some are fast, but not gonna beat the best.

I think Randy, outlaw10_5 has been pretty fast in factory suspension, outlaw drag radial trim, but if your not in the 4.90s and 7's, your just fodder today.

Yes and no. We've been within 1/2 10th of an F body Camaro in the 60'. Still slower, but not by enough that the tree and the rest of the track still comes into play. However, in a perfect world, no leaf car has ever gone as quick, altho I have heard claims of 1.20-1.21 but the 1/8 times don't agree with the claim.

You can go a LONG way in a radial race by being consistant. Immokalees two year radial champ (05-06) is a nitrous small block Mustang that goes 5.10's every pass. This years (07) champ has only been in the 4's once in a Nitrous F body Camaro.

The Dakota goes 5 teens and went to the semis at Sunshine at their radial shootout of 32 cars.

The 1/8th record is like a 4.83 and the 1/4 is a 7.38. Nitrous Camaro 1/8 and turbo Mustang 1/4. The majority of the radial cars are not in the 4's in the 1/8th however.

And my green junk below...

BTW, that pic is wheels up at Moroso in the heat of the day. On Super Chevy Sunday, my heads fit right in, lol.