I am going to stick to my conviction that Road Runner items will be hard to get. This is based on a conversation I had with a supplier of the die cast cars a few years ago. I ran into this gentlemen in a store in Minneapolis Mall of America and struck up a conversation about cars. I don't recall his name, but we got talking about 1:18 die cast and such and mentioned that the Road Runner character and name was purchased and was going to be used for another product. He could have been the president of one of the die cast car makers for all I know. I actually put 2 & 2 together because you can get Road Runner (complete with the bird) high speed cable internet access in parts of NY. If someone is producing Road Runner items then they got permission to use it, its grandfathered, or it is being used illegaly. Some grandfathered items are the re-release of AMTs 68 Plymouth Road Runner 1:24 scale model. I am sure Time Warner's lawyers are probably as nasty as DCX lawyers can be if its being used illegaly. Either that, or they don't see a 1:48 scale car as a threat. If they got permission then I hope to see Road Runner floor mats, and new Ertl (spelling?) die cast cars with Road Runner emblems instead of GTXs.

68 Road Runner (383/4speed, post car w/decor pkg) - Major Project
69 Road Runner w/472 Hemi & 4 speed.
70 Challenger R/T SE EF8 w/ V9J, U - A32 - Major Project
2023 Ford Mach 1