I have read time and time again people bashing TTI headers. My suspicions are that they are rooted in jealosy and frugality. Its like an ugly girl having hatred toward the prom queen. Yes, the TTI pipes are expensive. That may be because they are MOPAR exclusively. NO GM or Ford headers to spread out the production costs. The simple fact is, they build a great fitting product and they charge alot for it.
I have the BB TTI pipes in the Charger. They fit great and do not rattle or hit anything. My car has never been wrecked and I have new motor mounts. The FrankenDuster has a 360 with TTI pipes and they fit perfect too. Once again, this car has never been wrecked and it too has new motor mounts. These two points certainly make a difference in header clearance. Imagine that in an untouched survivor car you have 1/2 inch of clearance to the steering box. Now look at your car. Some time in your cars history it was hit in the drivers front corner. Now you have no clearance and sometimes it rattles. You blame the header company. Our Mopars are blessed with outstanding good looks and rugged engines, but the engineers obviously didnt care much about the enthusiasts that intended to modify these cars. Waaaaaaay too many obstacles in there. The rear steer puts all the steering linkage behind axle centerline for good weight balance but in the way of the exhaust. Torsion bars also helped handling due in part to keeping weight low and toward the center, but they are another obstacle. The LH starter location is a pisser too. With all these hoops to jump through, its amazing to find a company that is willing to take the financial risk to produce these much needed parts.
Finally.... Yes, headers do make more power and the engines sound better. The right size can boost power in the entire rpm range over iron manifolds while keeping the engine cooler. The good headers will cost you, but they are worth it to me.