Quote:

From everything I've seen on the T-bolts, the mods required to get the big motor in that engine compartment were extensive!

10 lbs. of Sh** in a 5 lbs. bag whereas the maxie had plenty of room even with the huge exhaust manifolds they had!

Lots more B-body NSS Maxie repli-cars running around than there are Ford T-bolts. Mainly because of the simplicity and interchangeability of BB's that Mopar designed in. Ford always over-complicated things IMO.

Multiple motors with the same displacement (or close) yet nothing interchanges.

Yeah, I got off track but I don't care which was faster.

Give me a simple, proven combo that's not a complicated nightmare and I'll run that combo all day! ..and win with it!

BUT The FORD Y block, FE and Lima Series motors were a slightly confusing mix of part swapping from the factory. They (FORD) often played around with piston deck heights, rod lengths, bore sizes etc. to form it's vast amount
of engine sizes. Just the basic 6-8 types of heads
were used around the many engine packages. They too, were firm believers in multiple carburetion
and mid to upper range power in their performance motors (pre-Cobra Jet motors). Funny thing though,
there is quite a bit of interchangeability within
their big blocks!! Back to the topic, I STICK with MOPAR
engines, I love the power they all produce!!

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)