Quote:

Quote:

I'm trying to come with some solution to get it to run cooler at idle. as soon as the car moves, even 20-30 mph, the temp drops

the tried/true setup of a MP thermal clutch fan spaced ~2/3 into a shroud does work good and check the dia of your WP pulley and might be able to source a smaller dia one to speed up the fan/pump and pull the pump to tack on an anti cav plate on the vanes to make it more efficient. EDIT (re)read & missed that you're running electric fan(s)

yes, dual spal fans (1300cfm each) but due to total lack of room between WP pulley and the rad core(two row aluminum Fluidyne) the fans are mounted up high on the rad. bottom third of rad isn't getting air pulled through it. I think that's my problem. I don't know if I should create some sort of shroud to cover that part of the rad and leave fans where they are or maybe go with the feets mercedes fan that would cover more of the core (I am a bit short on clearance even for that though so i'd have to get creative)

I was running a flowkooler wp with the plate tacked on and I switched it out for a parts store stock replacement. There was no change in performance.. but enough of a hijack here. As much as I'd love to get my issue resolved, it's this guys thread...If you have any suggestions though, please please PM me. Thanks so much. Kevin.

Last edited by dkn1997; 01/02/11 01:20 PM.