Quote:

Quote:

If you can swing an intake change, can you swing a little more for a cam change? The summit k6901 cam/lifter kit is only 110 bucks and I'm sure someone on here can suggest a set of valve springs. Add in a set of aftermarket headsers and you'll really wake that 318 up a lot more than just doing the intake.

i'd love to do that down the road, but wouldnt i have to change out the 904 tranny and 8.25 rear to handle the extra power? how far can i go?

You're not making that much power for it to be an issue. Also one thing you should really look into is what rear end gear ratio you have. 2bbl 318's tended to come with granny rear end gear ratios. Gears like that make for nice highway cruising but will make your car an absoloute DOG in the acceleration department.

Quote:

Quote:

If you can swing an intake change, can you swing a little more for a cam change? The summit k6901 cam/lifter kit is only 110 bucks and I'm sure someone on here can suggest a set of valve springs. Add in a set of aftermarket headsers and you'll really wake that 318 up a lot more than just doing the intake.

I have run this cam on two different 318's with stock springs with no problems up to 5500 rpm. My 76 Feather Duster with this cam, a 72 340 TQ and duel exhaust was a screamer! The 4-speed and 3.55 gears helped too!

That's very interesting. If the stock springs will do it to 5500, assuming they're in good shape, that sounds like a good bet. Stock 318 heads are going to be done by 5500 anyway.