I've been looking to do this for a while now and finally over the summer I came across an intake, 4bbl and air cleaner off a 340 (stamps showing its off a '72) for my 73 Road Runner with a 318 2bbl.

Now I know people are going to say why not just do an engine swap?...well, i don't have the cash to change out the transmission and rear end to handle much more power let along find an entire engine as well. I know this isn't going to make my car a fire breather or anything, I just want a little more pep, and something to do over the winter while its in the garage.

Can anyone offer any pointers for this project? I know the carb will need rebuilt, but didn't know if i had to re-jet or anything like that since this will no longer be on a 340 block. Also, what gasket kit will I need to get? This will be be my first engine project, but I wouldn't consider myself a total noob.

right now, the only thing done to the car is straight pipes with classic series flowmasters. stock headers, but i do have what looks to be aftermarket headers that my dad had lying around his garage. don't know if they will work, but I'm sure I'd probably want to add those on later if they do.

any pointers for this would really be appreciated!

Thank you.

Last edited by bigdaddywiz; 12/23/10 04:00 PM.

73 Road Runner 09 Challenger R/T