You have the lazy gene and also the cheap gene, that makes us brothers of some sort.
Knowing my genetic makeup, which also includes the 'desires rarity' gene, I picked a project which is not numbers matching and was in poor enough condition to satisfy my cheep gene makeup. My car had been hit lightly in the passenger door at one time, then poorly repaired. And, as a basket case non matching major project which most people would walk from I figure I could do it justice with my abilities. I also have the 'do it yourself' gene, which I believe is a sub-gene of the 'cheep' gene.
I am doing everything myself, you could check out my Ramcharger airbox resto thread for an example...to cheep to buy another one.
The car is worth my efforts, it's a '70 6V Superbee, auto, 3.23's, buckets, console, power disc brakes, etc. Hemi orange with a Gatorgrain vinyl top. If it had been a complete project just needing resto I probably would have been the one walking away, but as it is I'm making things nice, not concourse but nice. I want to drive this car and enjoy it without worrying about it too much so a rock chip or some wear isn't going to be the end of the world. Good luck with your project, I'd take on as much as you have time for and when you run out of time, use money for a substitute.