Thanks for the help guys. I am going to send the lifters to Brian so he can take a look at them. The cam I am running is a comp RX296 R8. 263/270 at .050. Lift is .650/.651 with 1.5s. I am running a 1.6 Harland sharp and a 943-16 spring. I had to go with a plus ..050 retainer to get my spring height. I aired on the side of clearance and set the installed height at .950. In doing so my spring pressure may be lower than I expected. I am going to check all spring heights and pressure and will report my findings. I have to figure this is an error on my part. I am thinking a few little ones that added up to my failure. My main objective is to find out why and prevent it next year. I will keep you all posted and run the game plan by you on the repair. No hole in the world block, no broken head, thankfull for that. I went from brad Penn to Royal purple, that may have been a mistake also. Going to look at some bearings. I have pics but I have to get my kids over to help me get them off this stupid camera. It's still good to be a mopar guy

Last edited by galen; 11/10/10 05:46 PM.