The question then becomes was it a lifter failure due to lack of lubrication at low speeds? I do not think a 230# seat pressure spring, is putting that much of a DIFFERENCE in load on his set up going from 6800 to 7200 just ONCE.I have many many BBM engines running .083 and .095 pushrods in bracket race engines with never a failure. Is the stiffer pushrod better? 100% yes. Is this what caused Galens breakage? I hardly doubt it.

Does he really have that aggressive of a lobe in that engine where it was surging or bouncing to the point of failure? ( I dont know his cam, apparently you do, so asking is it that aggressive?)

Again, its not a radical piece, and the RPM was not out of range for a 230/650ish spring.
You know and I know thta lifters just simply dont " fail". ( I am NOT bashing the lifters here, has nothing to do with the " brand" here in my opinion) It would have to have been surging for a long time to beat the needles out of it.

Just my , send me a PM if you want instead of here. Not sure if its " all on the table" here. Thanks.

And yes, Galens a good dude.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.