So I got a chance to test it today.
I ran an old style fan for about an hour and a half continuously with the controler. About 2 and half hours total. Way longer than anyone else has gotten one to run, and way longer then should ever be necessary to run one.
I checked the different functions of the controler.
With a ground signal instead of a temp sensor, a ground signal for a/c.
With the 2 wire temp sensor he included and all of that worked as advertised.
The temps are a bit off compaired to what my efi says it is, but that could be either set of sensors being wrong. probably off by about 5 degrees or so. The 10 degree shut off is about 12 degress, but is fine.

The orignal sensor in my car does not activate the controler at all. Not sure it is worth pursuing or not, just use the after market type that you push into the rad fins if you don't want to tap another hole I guess.

Here are some pictures.
The two controlers.

Here is a reference so you get an idea of the size.
next to a voltage reg.

this one seals better, but I still have to test the black one to see if it will work.

Black one is more compact and looks better, but not sure about weather. mounting it inside should be fine.

got the basic wiring done enough for the default without a sensor to kick in and start the fan.

laid it infront of the car.

you can't see it, but I was walking around and kept hearing this crunching noise and caught sight of the fan mulching leaves in the driveway.
It moves a lot of air.

Then my other fan kicked in and things got bad.

you might not be able to tell, but that is a 4 gauge wire. Melted at the end.
Apparently that would be a weak link in my electrical setup.
Trying to run 2 fans pushing 50 amps just isn't good for my car.

cable end.
Here is the end off the alt.

notice the melted copper?

Well I patched it up, and made sure my alternator was still charging. has a bit of smoke damage on it, but still working. So don't try that at home.
It definalty proves my electrical system works and nothing else died on the car, but wow.

Figured out a different way to setup the fan, so that it might draw air through the radiator, so both fans didn't kick on.
At first I tried to raise it infront of the car, and pull air from the engine to the front. That did not help.
Here is what I came up with.

it is laying on the air cleaner, and the radiator. About 6 inches of open space between the two is where all the air is being pulled from the radiator.

The fan moves enough air, that it kept the car at 197 for an hour and a half. actually I let the real fan cycle first taking the temp down to 189, then turned this back on. It kept it at 193 to 196 for a while then it creeped up to 197 and held there for another half hour before I called it good.

I will get some water testing done tonight or tomorrow. Will probably be next week before I get the ociliscope work done to see if we can get the fan at a lesser speed. And I may do a few more endurance tests on the old fan with the controler since I have it wired up.

Anything else someone wants me to check?