That is correct. The fan I have wired up runs fine on 12 volts.
My plan was to get another fan from feets, and wire that up to my car and your controler.
I just unplug mine and plug in the other.

I would at first just set it to ground so the fan came on full time and just leave my car idling in the driveway for a while. I can place the loose fan in front of the rad to pull air to keep the car cool and monitor temps with the computer.
Have some tuning to do anyway.
Based on the other threads, if it lives an hour or 2, it means it is working better than 12 volts straight.

Once we have that down I verify your controler works in running driving conditions with my fan till feets gets his car running and can run both on the street at the same time.

And in the off time, I can hook yours back up with a charger or idle in my driveway to make sure it lasts more than a couple of hours.

Depends on how impatient people get to have one, and your lead time on boards as to how much time we have.

I figure a month to be sure everything works as expected. But that is based on using feets car too. if the indivdual pieces check out, over the next week or two, it could be just that long.