I agree if the 452's are already cut then I say use em. Notice in my post I said in stock form standing side by side.

I could care less what ANY book says...especially if its from mopar performance. Most of there junk breaks while looking at it because their QC is a joke. The "book" also says stock 383's ran 10:1 compression which is also a bunch of bull. I will gladly line up my boat anchor equipped mild built 383 to a mild non decked 383 with OC heads ANY DAY. Books are meaningless to real world experience and I have been there with this issue. Label anything you want with your fart in the wind nonsense...compression does matter and there is a world of difference between 7.8:1 and 9.2:1.

IF the 452 heads are properly milled to basically a CC design then yes I agree the 452's are a better port design and therefore should make more power. This is rare though because it requires A lot of head work and also requires intake decking and different pushrods too. It is not the normal route for a cheap rebuild.

I don't hang onto any open chamber heads...unless I need to prop a door open or...anchor my boat!

'73 GK6 Challenger Rallye - 340 4-Speed