Quote:

I ran the lunati voodoo 60303 cam in a 70's low compression 440 and it ran quite well after I curved the distributor to suit it. The voodoo 60302 would make for a good running cam in your combo and being a 400 instead of a 440 you'd likely want to take it a notch down from what I ran .

Quote:

To me I would not even waste time on an open chamber head...they are the true "boat anchors" in my book.

Same here. His have supposedly already been cut so I would make an exception but in general .

Quote:

the 452's that i have are 80 cc's and ...

Are you sure on the 80cc? To get 452's do to 80cc, I think you need to whack something like .100" off them. That much milling introduces some other issues as well...

Quote:

If you do your research has in mopar performance/direct connection race books...

FWIW I have one of the direct connection race books and there's so much crap info in there I threw it on the shelf and haven't looked at in in years.

they are for sure 80cc my friend checked em for me to make sure,might have to get some different length pushrods???they've been ported on some already that's the main reason i would like to use them,but i really am not that picky,it's not gonna make 500 hp either way,there's different ways to skin a cat,all you guys have been a big help and i apprciate it a lot