Quote:

I've decided to move forward on the Crew Cab and post its progress. The Crew Cab is an 85' and my new donor is a 92'. I'm planning to switch most everything over to update the 85'. The 92' is missing everything from the fan forward so I'll need to pick up a few things to complete it.

One question I have is, will I need to change out the one ton springs for the diesel springs or will they hold the weight? Also, is the suspension and brakes the same? I was hoping to salvage the braking system off the 92' and use it on the 85'

Ready, set, go......

the front suspension should be swapped from the 92, there are some differences that are specific to the diesel, and the center link is one of them. The 85 spindels and rotors should should be the same as what a 92 d350 has...
use the wiring from the 92, including the dash harness...also the entire fuel system from the donor truck...
use the core support from your donor ramcharger too...
the intercooler might be a little tricky to find, as will be a correct fan shroud...look on ebag and the diesel fourms...stuff comes up...any more questions, feel free to call or pm

Dinuba, California, Home of the PALOMINO ranch and 440 truck farm, where dodge trucks have a home. Have Four 1979 dodge PALOMINO trucks now.