Quote:

Quote:

This aint a new topic ( means less than a year old). I called Eagle on this and their recommendation was .016" I believe. I also thought that more clearance ment more oil slung on the cylinder walls. I was shown ( mathematically ) by a poster that I was wrong. Also heard from some members that they ran as much as .070" with no problems. It appears there are more issues with tight than with loose. Keep this in mind; the rods do jump from side to side as they travel up and down ( IMHO ).

BUT ... Eagle IS right and you were correct ! ... and the people who say it makes NO diff ...are uNcorrect !!

Is running fat clearance going to "hurt" your motor? ... Of course not .. but it will cost you power ... both in running your pump to an excess AND running the crank, rods and pistons THROUGH all that excess oil AND pulling that Xtra oil off the cylinder walls.

When I asked people at Eagle they said .030"-.035" was ideal not .016". That is why they trimmed the rod width .007". When purching this kit I did not know or even think the rsc would be anything other than oe spec.

Is this why you see mixed assemblies ie. eagle crank with manley rods to correct issues like this? If so will there be other issues with my eagle crank, eagle rods, dimond pistons kit to lookout for or tricks to improve it?

Just want to get this right so I can keep my friends in the rearview mirror. Thanks again...