Based on the 2 quotes, your assessment would be logically correct. However, using a drum booster goes against everything I've read about a disc conversion.

I have read many places that discs require higher line pressure to operate than drums do. The boosters were 'increased' for disc applications, and this can be verified easily - every C-body parts listing will show different boosters between disc and drum. There's gotta be a reason the engineers did that.

Many years ago I swapped to discs and installed a '71-73 disc booster on a manual-brake pedal. Pedal effort was very light and the car had excellent braking performance in normal/agressive driving. Control was good due to the long pedal travel. I would be curious how a drumbrake booster might stiffen up the pedal feel in that application.

However, for someone doing it from scratch, if you're going to deviate from factory combinations, be prepared to do some test panic stops, and be prepared to swap some parts out if necessary. I wouldn't be scared to try a few combos as I have a handful of boosters and rebuilt master cylinders are cheap. If I was outside the USA, though, I'd try to find the proven factory combination of parts the first time.