With our Mopars reaching the 30,40,and even 50 year old mark,it is inevitable problems may occur with the lighting systems on our cars.
I am focusing on the tail lights and front turn signal/park lamp assemblies.
The majority of the bulb sockets are permanently pressed or stamped into the housings.
The housings were made of either white metal,potmetal,or aluminum and corrode easily.
In the majority of Mopars,these housings are also used as a ground supply to the bulbs.
As the corrosion takes over,the resistance increases and bulbs are dim,or feedback into the system,pop fuses,or just plain quit.
Add dry rotted or missing lense gaskets,broken or cracked lenses that invite the elements in,and the sockets take a beating.

I had seen people search high and low for housings just to replace one bad socket.
Some models do not have repop housings,or used ones are either no better than what you already got.Good used ones or NOS command a premium price--if they ever become available.

So what's a poor guy to do?

I will show step by step on a repair I have been doing and proved it works.
I butcher the sockets out of the housings and modify them to fit modern day twist lock style bulb sockets.
Now this is for those who drive their cars.
OE Gold or 100 point people make not like the butchering I am going to do,LOL!!
But when finished,nobody would know the difference cosmetically..
Tools :
die grinder with cutting wheel
dremel tool with various sized stones and cutting wheels
hammer
chisel or old flatheat screwdriver
solder gun and solder
Parts:
plastic twistlok bulb socket found at any parts store.
wire ends,butt connectors,shrink tube
I butchered two differnt housings in the pics for clarity.

'68 Newport Custom Barge on a Budget!! BOAB
1973 Satellite WAGON! 318- 3 on the tree!!
2008 Chrysler 300c HEMI!