Quote:

These are phenominal #'s IMO. Good job guys! Like Don Gentry articulated a while back in another post; these are represenative results you'd expect from a respectable build. I just hope the one W-5 motor that made 860 HP does not overshadow the results you've achieved here. There must have been something really special about that ONE motor.

It made exactly what it should have.... I'm pretty in tune with this dyno I use & know what a motor should or should'nt do for most part. I guessed 675-680 & it actually made 674 on best pull, was mostly 665-670 on most pulls.
I guessed hair high on the TQ, just based on not having ever ran intake like this one before & don't usually run cams quite this small duration wise. I was off by about 10 FT lbs. Dominator may have made difference there.

I've had 3 W5 strokers on this dyno, & 3 or 4 others on Riders dyno, so I have pretty good handle on what a W5 motor makes in real world.

W5's On this Dyno:

658 HP
658 HP
674 HP

I think we all can figure out where the 200 HP Discrepancy on that 1 motor comes/came from.

All 3 on this dyno had 4" cranks..... All 3 sets of Heads ported by 3 different shops.....

People without agenda's can figure it out, those with their own agendas will never see the light, much like politics.

But I will say I could easily "tune up" this combo cam wise/piston wise/oil pan wise & vacuum pump wise & make at least 730's with this top end, I have no doubt. But that would take just about every trick in book to do it.

In the end you just have to be realistic with what power is physically possible out of a 2.08" valve W5 head. You can WANT 1000 HP N/A out of them all you want, but it will never ever ever happen. Laws of physics overcome desires/beliefs sometimes.