Quote:

Ryan, how do you think this intake compares to a Indy on this application? Do you think it was the M1 on that engine of Jimi V's that caused the numbers to be lower than Marvins given that everything other than duration and manifold were VERY similar( Jimi's even used a vac pump to it's benefit...)

I love these posts- it's neat to see the differences from the same basic engines.

Jimi's 416 W5 @ 13:1 with vacuum pump, custom pistons, light rings more cam etc made 1.27 TQ/INCH with the LG runner M1 & a Dominator & 2" spacer

Your 440" W5 Made 1.29 TQ/INCH @ 11.3:1, custom pistons, light rings, More cam, LG Runner M1

This 416 made 1.39 TQ/INCH @ 416, smallest cam of group, but not overly small @ 264/268 .690", Small 598 intake, off shelf pistons 1/16" 3/16" std tension rings.

You can figure out which intake works & which does'nt LOL

I've made 1.43 TQ/INCH on this dyno with an INDY 360-3 intake on pump gas...so I think you'll be happy with the difference.

I don't think this W8 intake makes any more TQ than an INDY would. I did'nt setup these heads for this intake these were purchased years ago already done elsewhere with this matching intake. I would have never spent all the time to make valley tray, external lines etc for this thing just to put a W8 intake on it. If we would have been starting with a blank slate of paper on this build it would have had an INDY 360-3 on it.