Quote:

But READ the direct quote off-of their site ... they mention clutches, the number of clutches and then 55%. I do not know the actual size of the TCS piston ... it could be larger ... but it is uNpossible for it to be 55% larger than the OEM-stocker. The drum itself would have to muchO larger on the OD(it could not be on the ID)it then would not fit into an OEM trans case.

The exact quote from the website is "55%, YES that's 55% MORE Piston Apply Surface Area!" so they are talking about the piston apply surface area not the clutch surface.

The piston bore of the factory 727 drum is 5.625" for a surface area of 24.3 sq. in. 155% of that would be 37.67 sq. in. which would need a piston bore diameter of 6.93" (correct my math if I screwed up) which, when subtracted from a drum diameter of 7.50" would leave a wall thickness of .285"...pretty thin for a cast drum but doable with a high-strength alloy billet drum.

The pic on the website shows the piston bore extending all the way to the floater disc notches.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway