hey all-
i have my own 110V Lincoln MIG machine, but i have not done any body work...although I have done an oil pan for my uncles racecar motor(yea i know im 15 but im "advanced" ok? HAHA)...the oil pan came out GREAT! i couldnt of been happier and i dont think my uncle could of either...
BUT...i did learn alot on this thread! so in most peoples opinion, MIG is better for sheetmetal huh? thats good to know! my dad wants SOOOO much body work on a pro street trailduster he is building...
when you talk grinding sheet metal...what do you use? of course I have the 4 1/2 inch angle grinder, but i only have the hard grinding disks..for like taking ALOT of metal off. there is NO WAY I HELL i would use this on a body! i have seen other guys using different wheels but i dont knwo what they are or where i can buy them! i have heard of them being called "flapper disks", is this what you use for grinding A LITTLE BIT of metal off and not the whoel quarter panel or whatever your grinding!? LOL
one more thing, can anyone find the post and possibly put a link to it on this thread f the post that 4speeds4me was talkin about when someone went thru the entire process of doing body work welding?
THANKS!
Kyle