okay, well heres the rundown, im 19, bringing home 400-700 a week depending on how much work we got(commision..)
i pay half of me and my moms rent and i help with the bills also. i also drive 80+ miles roundtrip to and from work so i spend alot on gas a month even though i drive my civic lol.
so to sum it up, im super low budget...

heres what i got to work with, ive got a 72 440 i tore down, from the stamp(j440t) its a motorhome motor. the parts i got are valve covers, the weiand intake, the holley carb, the 528mp cam, harland sharp rocker setup, headers, aluminum waterpump housing, milodon gear drive(missing the cam cover and bearing the cam rides on), and ive got a nice milodon oilpan that was in the car and the converter that was used to go 10.xx's in the car.

seeing that i cant afford all this machine work at this time in my life, im almost considering just getting rings and bearings and sticking the motor together with what i got, i figure i can have some fun in a 13 second bracket car.

my dads car this is going in already has everything, dana 60, msd 7al, 727 i had freshened up(reverse man. valvebody), its got the good driveshaft that i had redone, its got wilwood discs in the front, 10in drums in the rear, manual steering, etc. the car used to run 10.xx's back in the day, and im just looking to get it up and running... im tired of watching racing from the fence.

so option 1 is to get rings, bearings, gaskets, for the the 440 i have, ball hone it, and stick it together with my dads buddies iron heads that have been done up, and id be running the 528 cam i have, along with all of the parts i have to go on it.

or

option 2, ball hone my block, get the standard size L2355F's, a set of rings, bearings, and gaskets, and put the motor together that way, and hope it stays together.

what would you guys do?

i just really want to get the car up and running, even if its slow, and run it at the mopar show at MIR in october, thats my goal, i wanted to last year, but after losing my dad, i just couldnt make it happen...

i need your oppions guys!

thanks for any help!

John Sealock

Last edited by SealockRacing; 08/03/10 12:49 PM.