Quote:

whats up guys

ive been asking about some suggestions recently, and i think ive come up with my combo.

im thinking the speedpro 2355F pistons(TRW # i think)
six pack rods with arp bolts
main studs
head studs
a set of 906's(ported, milled, good valve springs, and a fresh valve job)
old school weiand intake
850dp holley
and my mopar 528 solid cam

im thinking my compression ratio with those pistons would be around 10:1 maybe a little more

and im guessing it would put me into the low 11's

what do you guys think?

Those pistons at zero deck with a 79-80 cc chamber will be right at 11:1. The extra point in CR is well worth the money to have the heads cc's and cut. You'll have to deck the block as part of the basic prep anyway, so it will cost no more to cut to the correct height.

Do you have all of these parts already? Reason I ask is -

1) Consider a Holley Street Dominator intake. Flows very well and makes real good power on a motor like yours.

2) Consider LY rods. Lighter than the 6-bbl rods.

3) Main and head studs are a waste of money at this power level. Futher you will HAVE to align hone the block if you want main studs. Should not need it with OEM type bolts.

4) Any flow numbers on the heads??

Had a similar short block, head and main BOLTS, ported 906 heads, roller cam, Dominator go several years of 10.40's @ 127, with no issues, what-so-ever.

Get QUALITY machine work done. Get a GOOD converter. For your combo I think the best value out there is a Dynamic 9.5...

If the tune up is right, the converter is right...low 11's should be cake. You'll be a cam swap away from the high 10's.