Quote:

Most of the time I catch it in time and keep it from stalling but when I rarely miss it and it stalls, it can take a bit of starting before it will hit again. Float levels are good. I have also noticed that going a down a steep hill and while off the throttle that it seems to start running a little rough but the speed/rpm is up enough to keep it from stalling. I'll try the extension, and would it be a good idea to go ahead with a wooden spacer under the carb just for good measure and with the warmer weather?

Carter and Eddy carbs definitely need a spacer beneath the carb to ease hot starts. Their fuel bowl is integral with the carb body and likes to soak up heat from the intake manifold. Not so much on Holley's since the carb bowls are hanging out in the open air away from direct intake manifold heat. If you have to crank it a bit before it re-fires, it sounds like the engine is flooding/rich.

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph