Running and working right has always been at the top of my list...I kinda blew off everything else...you just have to have a sense of humor to drive a car like mine

Quote:

Now THAT's what I'm talking about! 45 min of drive time, 11.0's @ 123 and drove it back home!

SWEEEET!!!

What's the combo, Zippy??

Thank you!

4.10 Dana, OEM housing, power lock (no spool)

727, 9" 4500-ish stall (actually a super tight J), Cheetah valve body

451ci B block, 4.375x3.75, 10.75:1, E heads with backcut intake valves and blended cnc ridges (no porting otherwise, still using Edelbrock's valve job), 77-78cc, 262-266 @.050 .631 gross lift solid roller, Victor manifold, 1000cfm Race Demon (Mr P Body endorsement pending...inside joke), 2" x 3.5 Hooker super comps, 3.5" X pipe, Ultraflow mufflers...machined by www.lsm.eng ,built at home by me in Dad's borrowed garage....and that's a great big run-on sentence there.

The rest of it is 3800lb super stock springs, shock extensions, stock torsion bars in front, QA1 shocks in front set full loose which I'm not sure helped all that much, but I tried. Rear tires are 29x11.50 Hoosier cheater slicks.

There are milder combinations out there running faster, with better/more money into the heads and (often) a more drag race oriented suspension, but I wanted to see if a simpler (in my opinion) more streetable/easier to drive combination would do it.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri