Quote:

The earlier F bodies (LT-1 powered, pre '98) used a steel tank, so that might be an option next time around. For the O ring, did you just try and GM dealer? Give Eric (the mod) a PM and bet he can help you out

Using the entire F body fuel tank might even be an easy way to go

I am going LS1 in my old Torana..and I have a sheet aluminum fuel tank for it (repo of the original Bathurst race, long-range style ones) and thinking I will probably go inline pump with it...just working on the engine bay side of the swap now..will get to the fuel system once I get the engine in

I actually looked at using the tank from the 2000 - I bought it because it's strangely close to the shape of an A-body tank, except for no kickout in the tank for the spare tire well. My measurements indicated that it would fit length, width, and depth-wise in an A-body if you turned it around 180* from the F-bod orientation, so it was worth a shot. I ended up ditching the project because the fuel filler tube was now on the wrong side for an A-body, and I didn't want to relocate the filler cap OR have huge runs of large DIA fuel hose inside the trunk of the car.

The 99-down F-bods don't use the same neat swirl pot design which is what I really want to keep out of that experiment. Push comes to shove, I suppose I could sort out a way of butchering the top of the pump to adapt a 99-down top and lock ring, but the point of all this was to be able to stop in to a parts store out in BFE Nevada and ask the counter monkey for fuel pump they might actually have.

I'll have to give Eric a shout, as I don't know this GM stuff very well. Is that his username as well?

Clair