Quote:

first thing I was gonna recommend is relocating. Cali is way way way too overpriced.

I have visited many parts of CA, including Victorville. It isn't the highest $$$ part of CA, but I would move out of the state... now (for many reasons).

My real job pays too well for me to "do what I want for a living". But it pays the bills to allow me to "do what I want". Some weeks I put more time into my hobby (no pay, actually cost money) than I put in my job (40 hours).

I believe in finances. If you like what you do and can live on $25000/yr, go for it. If you want to live a different (more expensive) standard of living... well... that is why work is a four letter word.

I hope that didn't come out all wrong. I do all sorts of things I don't like, and just do it. I spent lots of money on education and low paying jobs to learn things. I worked my way up to better paying jobs. Paid the price of years and years of work to finally get to a comfortable position. I hope after 30 years of work it starts to pay off in my old age.