Man good luck to you.... Played music virtually everyday until 2 years ago. Conviced since grade school that I was going to make it.

2 years ago I was 37 and totally burned out on the music business entirely. I just walked away and haven't played a single note since!

I'm a drummer also and the big hangup is you have to find other bandmates that are as serious as you. I've never been able to do that.

I have had many professionals hear me play and most have said I definately have what it takes to play pro..

My epiphany ..I had a old boss who was played in all the local bands in the 70's and was well known, his wife was a bigshot at a local radio station so I have been able to meet and talk to alot of act's and most admit there is a good deal of LUCK involved.!!

I have given up on the big dream... In my "time off" I have been able to enjoy the local scene and constantly run into some amazing people who are still looking for a break themselves.

Pretty Humbling.. And a tough way to make a living!

I wish all the time and money I spent playing music I would have taken school and education a little more seriously.

See the movie Anvil if you can...