Quote:

Thnaks guys, i know i have a mis-matched set up, i was trying to work from a budget and alot of horse trading to build this car/engine and am paying for it now. The compression check is at 160-165 @ all cylinders, and i went with the recommendation of comp. cams on using the XE274 230-488 cam with the current set up, but they said using higher gears would be better... i debated on using the XE268 cam which is 224-477 but comp. recommended the 274 with the stall speed etc. I'm working on putting the Weiland intake on and going with a higher gear probably 3.55 to 3.90. this is going to be my weekend cruiser and i really want to be able to run 70 mph without all the RPMS. Thanks again to all for your help and imput. Also the Int. timing is at 25-28 which i stated a incorrct int. timing in my original post.

one thing I think a lot of mopar guys do is overcam...I woulda listened to the little voice in your head and run the XE268...that said, if you want to keep your 3.23's, I'd definitely run the dual plane intake, and I'd actually pop the front of the motor apart and degree the cam in to a 102* ICL from comp's recommended 106.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)