is that verified or what the pistons are supposed to give?

KB flat tops at 0 deck, steel shim head gasket, and OEM 906 heads (~92cc) usually only yields 8.5-8.7:1. with the 6cc dome, its in the 9.4-9.6:1 range....but their specs, you need to mill the deck ~.024" to get them at 0 deck...drop them into an uncut block, drop those compression figures another .2 points. if they are stock type replacement pistons in the hole, you're probably in the upper 7's to low 8's for compression at best, unless you've milled the snot out of the heads or the block deck.

what's your cranking compression in PSI?

initial with that cam, assuming actual compression is in the 8's, I'd run about 18-20. if your cranking compression comes in low (under 150), I'd seriously consider dropping in cam size a bit (lunati voodoo 60302 is what I'd pick), or opening up the motor and advancing installed centerline of the cam 4-6 degrees to close the intake valve sooner to gain cranking compression. the torker is also a mediocre intake...especially if you're looking for "street" performance...

http://hotrod.automotive.com/62106/hrdp-0712-mopar-intake-manifold-comparo/edelbrock-383.html

check out the torque figures at 3000 RPM...it's down 25 lb-ft from a weiand action plus, or eddie performer, and most likely a stock intake.

Last edited by patrick; 02/26/10 09:06 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)