Quote:

Hi Roppa,

Do you think the 1" bar would be good for my setup (please pan up a few posts, roadrunninmark)?

Thanks,
Mark

I use 1" bars on my heavy 440 Challenger in conjunction with a 1 1/8th front sway bar.

But I have also uprated the rear springs. They are custom made to my spec (about 30% uprated from 440/Hemi spec) and are used with a 3/4" rear sway bar. But the springs are moved in 5/8ths each side for tyre clearence which again alters the actual wheel rate.

If I had to drive on dirt roads I would have gone softer. But a lot of how the car feels is down to the shocks.

One friend has even thicker torsion bars on his Challenger. But it does not feel as stiff as mine. Another has stock 383 suspension on his 440 Challenger. But the adjustable shocks make it handle really well and with comfort.

I made a mistake in fitting KYB shocks (but they were all I could afford at the time) and will soon be fitting adjustable QA1 shocks. I think my ride will benefit a lot from them.

But as it stands now my Challenger corners really flat and fast. Very slight understeer when pushed very hard and oversteer on demand from controlled application of the throttle.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7 LS1 2011 Alpha Romeo Giulietta Veloce 1.6 JTD Because running a Mopar in the UK is getting TOO expensive!!