FWIW, I was told by D.ick Maxwell that Production Planning and Fleet Engineering collaborated on a lot of production line issues. Their job was to “Keep the line moving” and if there were delays of components or unscheduled rush order (i.e. the seven police cars), order cancellation, late decision to introduce a new model or sales program (i.e. A12, A13, “Spring Special”, etc.) then that bumped or move a cars SPD forward or back. At the time of the order it is only a “Scheduled (planned) Production Date and lots can happen between those dates. The A12’s had issues with intake manifolds from Edelbrock and I’m sure that had some affect on the SPD and then I heard some A12’s were bunched up because of the lift-off-hood production, they were not shipped one hood at a time and needed “special handling”. I guess it should have been called PSPD for “Planned” Scheduled Production Date. On a related note I ordered two trucks from Ford a few years ago and was given a mid-January SPD and went ahead and scheduled High Tech Trailers to have them painted at the beginning of February and then scheduled the graphics company to do the graphics at the end of February when the paint had a little time to set up. Ford had delays with the new diesel and then more delays and we finally got the two trucks at the beginning of APRIL!!! They still had the mid-January SPD, so it still happens to this day, it’s only a planned date for production and when Chrysler started assembly of the chassis in Body-in-White the fender tag was made and at that point they had a “plan” to build and finish the car by or around the SPD but who knows what the date was when the tag was punched? What do you think Barry?

MikeR