Quote:

I forgot to look last night but I let someone from CC.com know about the MDH and he looked on his early production 73 Cuda. The MDH is 101810. The SPD is A26 and the door sticker says 10-72.

He is the origonal owner and he said he picked his new car up at the dealership on October 30th.

So, what I'm reading here in this thread seems to me that the SPD is the approximate or "scheduled" date that the vehicle will be ready to be shipped or leave the assembly plant for delivery to its final destination and not the scheduled day to start its production. It seems to be a date that even if it is intended for the media department across the street or town or for an in-house project at the other end of the plant the SPD is a date everyone can "kind off" work with for planning around it. (for example the very first post by Barry when destination charge payment was due). Not a drop-dead date but something that is at least a target for all to shoot at.

I would guess that from product planning to Body-in-White to the number of train cars to transport trucks needed to deliver the car can or would have been planned around the SPD. If the plant had a capacity of 1,000 cars per day then there should be a 1,000 fender tags with the same SPD....oops going off again...sorry.

MikeR