Quote:

Quote:

My '70 Challenger R/T - VIN# JS23N0B405351 has a 702 SPD (Tuesday, July 2, 1970).

The "SEQUENCE NUMBER" per the b'cast sheet (found in passenger bucket seat back), upper left - Line 1 is 1 105086.

This "SEQUENCE NUMBER" appears to be 14,000+/- units (cars) late for a 702 scheduled car. With production wrapping up for 1970 & I'll assume units per day on a decline, how late in the model year was this car actually built?

I am going to split the two cars up, just to avoid any confusion.

There is no way to know exactly how many cars were built after yours on assembly line one, but there were at least 1,976 cars after it.

Thank you. & I understand that an exact number is not probable, but as you titled the thread "estimated production dates" - that's what I'm looking to determine/help understand.
So, the highest 1970 model year HAMTRAMCK LINE #1 SEQUENCE NUMBER you've seen is "1 107062"?

Quote:

If broadcast sheet data ever surfaced for all the cars on this line then an exact number could be determined.

The broadcast sheet sequence numbers were also subject to changes. I have seen two with the same number, on the bottom of the second one it was printed out again with an A after it to note that the two builds were different.

There is another one with a note at the bottom that says something like JOB X XXXXXX NOW FOLLOWS JOB X XXXXXX, so the sequence numbers while used to track the build, could be mixed on the line if a situation arose.

What does the door sticker show for the month on this car?

Yes, I know there are exceptions to most rules/procedures/etc. Not looking for exacts, but I am looking for more than "my car was built later than its 702-SPD". 7 - 70

Quote:

To narrow down an actual window of production you can note all the date codes from original parts on the car & enter them into a spreadsheet.

Hamtramck assigned VINs to cars on both assembly lines, but the sheets for Assembly Line 2 builds used their own separate numbers. So there are units per day per line & overall units per day for the plant.

Can you share the highest 1970 model year HAMTRAMCK LINE #2 SEQUENCE NUMBER you've seen: "2 2xxxxx" & its SPD?