Quote:

Quote:

just another of there many STUPID rules
sorry but in my opinion NHRA doesn't have a clue!

how many live would have been lost if top fuel used the safety rules from the 60's running the speeds of the 01's?
a locking dip stick may not save your life someday but it may save someone's and that would make this all worth it.

i think NHRA does have a clue!

people are stupid some times, i'm not saying that you are and your car may never miss a beat even with out the locking dipstick, think about the person next to you going down the track. is he stupid? will this rule stop his car from puking trans fluid under his rear tires and stop him from darting across the lane into you!
just my

1st of all I have a locking dip stick when I needed a new tube and stick I just got the locking one to apise the GODS however I can tell you in 25 years in the buisness and building hot rods I have seen maybe 1 in 100 cars push fluid out the tube it just very seldom happens
2nd as far as there BS rules what about the new belts every 2 years,or a trans shield every 5 when there has been no damage,or a flex plate every 2 years where is the logic in that there is none but hey every one is entitled to there opinion

70 duster full chassis super pro 416 CNC Indybrock heads 727 w/brake

best so far 1.212 60 6.219 in 1/8 at 110.88 9.768 at 137.81 1/4