Quote:

OK - you guys talked me into it & I just got off the phone w/ the machine shop. I will build the 416 stroker and start w/ a set of ported stock heads.

I now need to decide on the kit for my build. I mentioned Scat again and he didn't seem to put up too much of a fight. He talked about having to do pan rail clearance w/ the kits he has used before. Am I correct in that the Scat rods don't need to have the rail cleared?

Its not a chevy or a ford so no pan rail clearance is needed. Typically on a SB mopar you will need to notch the bottom of the cylinders if you use stock rods and some other rods. The Scat I-beam rods, which are forged, use ARP cap screws which are real low profile so no cylinder bore notching is needed. So the answer is no notching is needed anywhere but check it anyway.

I called Scat a few weeks back and they tell me they guaranty the bearing clearances and balance of their kits. I am going pay more to have my engine shop go over all of it and double check it anyway. They have an online catalog:

http://www.scatenterprises.com/