Quote:

Quote:

Way off topic but have you tryed disabling the traction control. Hold the button 10 seconds to totaly disable. Wheel hop will be greatly reduced if not completely gone.

Yes, I have tried it with the traction control disabled and also with the ESP completely disabled (holding the button for 10 seconds) The wheel hop is bad either way. Take a look at this youtube video. This is not my car, but another SRT 6-speed Challenger from the west coast. This shows how bad the wheel hop is in these cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfIxzhj0GCg

Wow - that's nasty.

FYI - pushing and holding the ESP button until you hear the chime and the EVIC displays "ESP Disabled" does NOT completly turn the system off...it is still very much present.

Try this: while driving about 5-10 mph, push and hold the start button. All the electrical stuff (radio, heater blower, etc.) will go off for a sec or two (they come back on - don't worry). After that, you will hear a chime and the ESP AND BAS (brake assist system) lights will come on. That turns the system off. The brakes get applied as part of the ESP system, and holding the button does not turn the BAS system off.

It isn't going to help the wheel hop...but you should feel a significant difference in the way the car performs.

I got a key in the Charger so I turn and hold the key.

This trick only works on late '07's and up.

It still doesn't work as good as disabling EVERYTHING with the Diablo...it turns it all off...even ABS. All Torque management is gone. The shifts are nuts. Some people on the new forums don't like it cause it turns the ABS off...I tell them still better then driving a stroked 440 with 10" drums

1967 Satellite, CNC Eddy Headed 500ci Street Mauler
(Dyno'ed @ 600 HP / 650 ft-lbs)

2016 Challenger Hellcat - Holy Hell
2012 Hemi Ram Sport Crew Cab
2011 Avenger, Pentastar V-6
2007 SRT-8 Charger (Dyno'ed @ 470 RWHP)
1986 Caravelle, 318, aka "Rosco", Back Road Burner!

ALL Black...Bad Boys always wear Black!