I have had a handfull of these new challengers. The 2 R/T auto trans cars ran way different. The red one went 13.45 at 103. The white one only ran 13.65 at 102mph. I won $$ with both. At MMW in St. Louis in the new hemi class, $200 with the red one and $1500 with the white one. The Black 6 speed R/T went 13.30 at 105 mph. The SRT 6 speed has gone 13.15 at 108 mph. The auto trans cars are pretty consistent but the manuals are all over. You have to get the clutch and gas just right or you will either bog and dog or spin and wheel hop. The best 60ft on both manual R/T and SRT was 2.00. The R/T was a perfect pass. the SRT with the 2.00 60 ft. the shifter jammed on 1-2 shift??? The 13.15 pass was only a 2.05 60ft. Definetly 13.00s are posible out of the SRT. If you don't disable traction control, the 6 speed cars, R/T and SRT are dogs, like in the 14s. But the autos trans cars will spin bad if you do disable the traction control. All of these times are with 100% showroom stock cars with air cleaner, factory tires, and no programers.

Is the SRT worth $15000 more? I would say no. I had alot of fun in the 2000 miles I drove the 6 speed R/T. I only upgraded the six speed R/T to a SRT because they offered me $30000 trade in on a year old car with 2000 miles of my abuse that I paid $30000 for. The SRT doesn't feel hardly any more powerful on the street than the R/T but the SRT does corner noticably better and the brakes are 2nd to none. The seats are way nicer in the SRT. All the R/Ts I had were/are strippers with cloth seats and the SRTs are all leather.