Quote:

Quote:

In some cases the guys never even had our products and just wanted to look good in front of their buddies on the forums and in some of the others we were able to go back to our records and receipts and show what was posted was not even close to being factual.

I put a new BG 600 on my 383 and it ran terrible. The secondaries were factory adjusted at 1/8" open, and there were shavings in the bowl and metering system. I called BG tech support and they said "well you just have to adjust it and clean it, this is normal for any new carb".
Right. This is just what I want to do on my new "upscale" carb. Summit had so many BG returns and problems that they stopped carrying BG carbs.

I listed my "new" BG on ebay along with all its problems, sold it for $112 and used that money towards an Edelbrock Thunder series carb, which fired right up and worked perfect out of the box...

To begin with we do not build a 600 but I find quite a few things in your post hard to believe but then again I have to look at the part you quoted.

I cant speak for what somebody may have or haven't told you several years ago but it would/should not be normal to have to clean a new carb out and it should have came back here had that been the case.

If it really was a new carburetor at the time then it had warranty as any new product would.

In regards to Summit that information has already been posted in this thread but you chose to ignore it and post a lie. At that point your post loses any credibility it may have had and looks more like you are just trying to stir the pot.

edit: the Summit info was in a couple of other threads on here and not in this one as I orig though. It has since been posted to clarify.

Last edited by TechAtBG; 01/29/10 12:06 PM.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com