Well it's in color... for 2nd & final time (hopefully) Had a mixing issue on one of early coats of flake the first time it was shot & all had to be stripped & re-done.... but it's shot & looks good.

It's a Ford Metallic blue of some vintage (we'll try to keep that mum) & then 6 coats of clear with .015" Kustom shop "deep marine blue" flakes & then 6 coats of clear over that.... Came out nice, I told the painter, don't be shy with the flake, I don't think you could over-do it for my taste. I think he got good amount on it.....

The flake is really hard to see in the pics, my digital camera goes nuts trying to take pics of it, with the way the flake reflects light @ crazy angles, the camera does not know how to "absorb" it. So in most pics it just looks like a medium metallic blue, but when you see it in person, it really pops, depending on the angle of view & the lighting....

In garage under fluorescent lights, the flake does not stand out alot, unless viewed @ an extreme angle, but outside in natural light you noticed the flake at almost all angles except a few.... The sun had started to go down behind trees this eve. when I was there taking some pics, making it little darker looking.

I did take couple extreme close ups of the panels to show the flake density....

The new white top & glass should go back on next week sometime & stripes probably the following week. Decklid should be on tomorrow, & hood this weekend..... Dunno when I'll get airbrush artist up to do some airbrush work on side of the cowl, maybe in week or 2.

We still have to make new bumper brackets for rear bumper, the front fenders are not fully aligned yet, he's having heck of time getting them where he wants them... But finally starting to make some progress, now that the paint issues are resolved.....

5885271-100_1738.jpg (188 downloads)